All of Virginia Beach City Public Schools' (VBCPS) 82 testing sites are projected to earn state accreditation again for 2023-2024, following today's release of Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) Standards of Learning (SOL) test scores and school quality indicators data.
Parent Support & Information Center
The Parent Support and Information Center is a part of the VBCPS Office of Programs for Exceptional Children. The purpose of the center is to provide parents of students with disabilities information and training. Parents are encouraged to become full participants with educators in the processes that enable students with disabilities to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to meet the challenges of the future. The Parent Support and Information Center offers information on community agencies serving individuals with disabilities, phone/walk-in consultations and other services to parents and educators.
- To ensure effective communication between parents and school personnel for the benefit of students with disabilities.
- Clarify the role of parents, as well as educators related to special education services.
- Serve as a resource for disability related referrals.
- Provide services that will strengthen the bond between home, school and the community.
- Foster a rapport between the families of students with disabilities and their schools.
Location and Contact Information
Parent Support and Information Center
Plaza Center/FACE Center
641 Carriage Hill Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Hours of Operation
Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For your convenience, please call the Parent Support & Information Center before visiting. Occasionally the office is closed for training and workshops.