The School Board of the City of Virginia Beach voted to name Dr. Donald Robertson Jr. as superintendent at its meeting Jan. 23. A native of Hampton Roads, Dr. Robertson began his career as a math teacher with Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) in 1988 and progressed in leadership roles including assistant principal of Bayside High School, principal of Salem High School, chief strategy and innovation officer, chief schools officer, chief of staff and acting superintendent.
Parent Support & Information Center
The Parent Support and Information Center is a part of the VBCPS Office of Programs for Exceptional Children. The purpose of the center is to provide parents of students with disabilities information and training. Parents are encouraged to become full participants with educators in the processes that enable students with disabilities to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to meet the challenges of the future. The Parent Support and Information Center offers information on community agencies serving individuals with disabilities, phone/walk-in consultations and other services to parents and educators.
- To ensure effective communication between parents and school personnel for the benefit of students with disabilities.
- Clarify the role of parents, as well as educators related to special education services.
- Serve as a resource for disability related referrals.
- Provide services that will strengthen the bond between home, school and the community.
- Foster a rapport between the families of students with disabilities and their schools.
Location and Contact Information
Parent Support and Information Center
Plaza Center/FACE Center
641 Carriage Hill Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Hours of Operation
Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For your convenience, please call the Parent Support & Information Center before visiting. Occasionally the office is closed for training and workshops.