All of Virginia Beach City Public Schools' (VBCPS) 82 testing sites are projected to earn state accreditation again for 2023-2024, following today's release of Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) Standards of Learning (SOL) test scores and school quality indicators data.
* For the school year 2023-2024, the cost of reduced-price meals is being waived; therefore, students approved for reduced-price meals will not have to pay.Student Prices for Federal Programs
All students may elect to establish an account for meal purchases.
- Full price student: $1.40
- Reduced price student: $0.30*
- A complete breakfast includes these four food items:
- One serving of milk
- One serving fruit/juice/vegetable
- Two servings of grain/bread
- OR two serving of meat/meat alternate
- OR one serving each
The student may select three to four menu components for a complete meal.
- Full price student: $2.85
- Reduced price student: $0.40*
- A complete lunch includes these five food items:
- Milk component
- Grain component
- Meat/Meat Alternate component
- Vegetable component
- Fruit component
The student may select three to five menu components for a complete meal.
* For the school year 2023-2024, the cost of reduced-price meals is being waived; therefore, students approved for reduced-price meals will not have to pay.
Non-subsidized a la carte prices follow this page and are the same for both students & adults.
Parents or guardians are responsible for payment of their child(ren)’s meal charges. VBCPS Office of Food Services will notify households of negative balances via weekly emails and automated phone calls. Information regarding how to apply for meal benefits will be included in these communications. Benefit eligibility cannot be applied to charges prior to the meal application approval date. Payment for negative debt can be made by cash or check directly to the child(ren)'s account at the school cafeteria or through www.schoolcafe.com. The use of this software platform allows parents to prepay and/or replenish a student's meal account using a credit or debit card via a secure internet site. The VBCPS Office of Food Services may employ various resources to collect negative meal debt.
Free or reduced-priced meals are available to those who qualify. Please know that your child(ren) may be eligible for meal benefits if your income falls within the following Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines for FY 2023-2024:
The federal government limits maximum reduced price fees for breakfast and lunch. Non-subsidized a la carte prices are the same for both students & adults.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Food Services at 757-263-1101 or via email at email@example.com. Also, helpful resources can be found on www.vbschools.com/families/food-and-nutrition-services. Thank you.