Great Neck and Salem Middle schools in Virginia Beach have once again received distinction as AVID National Demonstration Schools. This elite designation has been awarded to only 200 of 8,000 AVID schools in the United States and around the world. AVID National Demonstration Schools exhibit a college and career readiness culture through rigor and high expectations for all students throughout the school.
Parent Support & Information Center
The Parent Support and Information Center is a part of the VBCPS Office of Programs for Exceptional Children. The purpose of the center is to provide parents of students with disabilities information and training. Parents are encouraged to become full participants with educators in the processes that enable students with disabilities to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to meet the challenges of the future. The Parent Support and Information Center offers information on community agencies serving individuals with disabilities, phone/walk-in consultations and other services to parents and educators.
- To ensure effective communication between parents and school personnel for the benefit of students with disabilities.
- Clarify the role of parents, as well as educators related to special education services.
- Serve as a resource for disability related referrals.
- Provide services that will strengthen the bond between home, school and the community.
- Foster a rapport between the families of students with disabilities and their schools.
Location and Contact Information
Parent Support and Information Center
Plaza Center/FACE Center
641 Carriage Hill Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Hours of Operation
Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For your convenience, please call the Parent Support & Information Center before visiting. Occasionally the office is closed for training and workshops.