Great Neck and Salem Middle schools in Virginia Beach have once again received distinction as AVID National Demonstration Schools. This elite designation has been awarded to only 200 of 8,000 AVID schools in the United States and around the world. AVID National Demonstration Schools exhibit a college and career readiness culture through rigor and high expectations for all students throughout the school.
What is VBCPS Parent Portal?
Parent and guardian access to important current school year information for your child’s progress available from any computer connected to the Internet – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Types of School Information available in the Parent Portal:
- Attendance records
- Student assignments
- Missing assignments
- Notes from your child's teacher about assignments
- Standardized test scores (Example: SOL, SAT, AP, Stanford 10)
- Historic academic and enrollment dating back to the 2004-2005 school year
VBCPS Transportation Request—ParentVue & ParentVue Mobile
- Open ParentVue through the website or mobile app
- Sign-in to your account then select “Student Info”.
- Next, you will select “Edit Information”.
- Under “Edit Information” select “Pick-up Transportation” value (Enter the full street address – DO NOT USE BUSINESS NAMES)
- Enter your Alternate Pick-up Location. (Must be different than home address – DO NOT USE BUSINESS NAMES).
- Select “Drop-off Transportation” value.
- If needed, enter another Alternate Drop-off Location. (Must be different than home address – DO NOT USE BUSINESS NAMES).
- Select “Save Changes”.
Need help or have a comment or suggestion?
Please contact 757.263.1111 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday (except holidays) or email email@example.com