The Virginia Beach School Board received information about proposed federal grant applications at its May 9 meeting. For the 2023-24 school year, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) would receive approximately $16.3 million in formula grant funds through programs authorized under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA).
What is VBCPS Parent Portal?
Parent and guardian access to important current school year information for your child’s progress available from any computer connected to the Internet – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Types of School Information available in the Parent Portal:
- Attendance records
- Student assignments
- Missing assignments
- Notes from your child's teacher about assignments
- Standardized test scores (Example: SOL, SAT, AP, Stanford 10)
- Historic academic and enrollment dating back to the 2004-2005 school year
VBCPS Transportation Request—ParentVue & ParentVue Mobile
Transportation Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year will be available in ParentVue to parents through June 15, 2023. After that date you must contact your student’s home school to register for a VBCPS School Bus. Student(s) who are not registered for transportation by July 1, 2023 will not be assigned to a VBCPS School Bus and Bus Stop and may not have transportation available on the first day of school.
- Open ParentVue through the website or mobile app.
- Sign-in to your account then select “Student Info”.
- Next, you will select “Edit Information”.
- Under “Edit Information” select “Pick-up Transportation” value.
- Select “Drop-off Transportation” value.
- Select “Save Changes”.
Please contact your student’s home school if:
1. Your student(s) need transportation to or from a daycare provider or other alternate address.
2. Your student(s) require special needs transportation.
3. You need help accessing the transportation information in ParentVue and registering for Transportation.
Need help or have a comment or suggestion?
Please contact 757.263.1111 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday (except holidays) or click here to create a support case.