U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- From where does VBCPS get its water supply?
- When does VBCPS test water for lead?
- Which schools will have water tested during the school year?
- If there is a “Water not for Drinking or Cooking “ sign at my child’s school, is that water safe?
- What is lead poisoning?
- Who is at greatest risk?
- How do children get lead poisoning?
It is good practice, when drinking from a water fountain, or getting water from any source intended for consumption, to let the water run for a few seconds. This applies anywhere, not just in school buildings.
Virginia Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Environmental Protection Agency
The National Lead Information Center provides information about lead, lead hazards and their prevention. Specialists are available Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (except federal holidays) at 1-(800)-424-LEAD .