All of Virginia Beach City Public Schools' (VBCPS) 82 testing sites are projected to earn state accreditation again for 2023-2024, following today's release of Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) Standards of Learning (SOL) test scores and school quality indicators data.
Volunteers in Education
VBCPS values and promotes active engagement of the community in all our schools. The Office of Family and Community Engagement coordinates many volunteer opportunities for community members to interact and contribute to the academic achievement of our students and the overall continuous improvement of VBCPS.
Parents, guardians, community members and military personnel are able to support students, staff and school initiatives through the Volunteers in Education program.
Thousands of individuals serve as volunteers in our schools each year. In fact, during the 2020–2021 school year, more than 1,300 volunteers donated approximately 16,000 hours of service in VBCPS. The value of this service is estimated at more than $461,000*.
Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Serving in a PTA/PTO/PTSA
- Serving as tutors, mentors or guest speakers
- Providing assistance in classrooms, cafeterias, libraries or main offices
- Organizing student enrichment and recognition activities
- Supporting special events, athletics, school planning councils and advisory boards
Become a VBCPS Volunteer in Education by:
- Visiting VB Schools Volunteer Tracker. Register and submit an application indicating what type of volunteer opportunities you are interested in and at which schools. Once approved, select volunteer opportunities and log your hours.
- For assistance with registration and your application, contact email@example.com
*Calculations based on the Independent Sector Organization's estimated hourly value of volunteer time for 2021 which is $28.54 per hour.