Throughout April, the Month of the Military Child, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) student artwork will be featured at Lynnhaven Mall. Now in its 11th year, "The Art of Being a Military Child" showcases students' artistic interpretations of what it means to be a military dependent, including deployments, transitions, patriotism, family and school. It is the culmination of a contest open to all VBCPS students to which more than 700 art entries were submitted.
In 2001, VBCPS began recognizing outstanding partnership practices that support mutually beneficial relationships between schools and business/community organizations. Through a nomination process and selection committee comprised of school and community representatives, Model Partnerships are selected each year that represent exemplary community engagement in our school division.
Model partnerships are chosen based on the following criteria:
2021 Model Partnerships
- Educational Opportunity Center & Adult Learning Center
- Grace Bible Church & Corporate Landing Middle School and Green Run High School
- Kempsville Library & Tallwood High School
- King’s Grant Presbyterian Church & The Office of Family and Community Engagement
- Klett Consulting Group & Kempsville High School’s Business and Entrepreneurship Academy
- Lockheed Martin & Arrowhead Elementary School
- Marathon Consulting & the Advanced Technology Center
- Together We Can Foundation & Technical and Career Education Center