All of Virginia Beach City Public Schools' (VBCPS) 82 testing sites are projected to earn state accreditation again for 2023-2024, following today's release of Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) Standards of Learning (SOL) test scores and school quality indicators data.
Virginia Beach City Public Schools provides all newly hired teachers with New Teacher Orientation, a combination of virtual and in-person professional learning opportunities designed to orient teachers to the Virginia Beach City Public Schools Strategic Framework, and to introduce them to their respective curricula and effective instructional strategies.
The purpose of Orientation Week is to orient teachers to the Virginia Beach City Public Schools Strategic Plan, Compass to 2025, and to introduce them to their respective curricula and effective instructional strategies.
New teachers will...
- Be welcomed and oriented to VBCPS and the support systems available.
- Be introduced to the VBCPS mission, vision, strategic goal, and outcomes for student success.
- Be introduced to VBCPS expectations for the implementation of specific curriculum through instructional planning and assessment.
- Be introduced to VBCPS expectations and resources for effective instructional delivery and establishing a positive learning environment.
- Be welcomed and oriented to individual schools.
For assistance or questions please contact the Office of Professional Growth and Innovation at 757.263.6972 or email PGI@vbschools.com.