U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
Title I is a federally funded program whose purpose is to ensure that all children have a fair, equitable and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and to raise achievement for all students.
Title I provides funding for the following:
- Additional staff;
- Family engagement opportunities;
- Professional development of instructional staff;
- Field trips and outreach opportunities;
- Summer programs;
- Home libraries;
- Technology devices;
- Online computer programs; and
- Instructional materials and supplies.
Title I programs aim to ensure that all students have access to the following opportunities:
- Meaningful, authentic and rigorous learning experiences;
- Collaboration, critical and creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Family engagement to enhance student achievement.
Bayside Sixth Grade Campus
B. F. Williams Elementary
College Park Elementary
Diamond Springs Elementary
Green Run Elementary
Point O'View Elementary
For further information on Title I, please contact the Department of Teaching and Learning at 757.263.1450 or email Laura Silverman.