The School Board of the City of Virginia Beach voted to name Dr. Donald Robertson Jr. as superintendent at its meeting Jan. 23. A native of Hampton Roads, Dr. Robertson began his career as a math teacher with Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) in 1988 and progressed in leadership roles including assistant principal of Bayside High School, principal of Salem High School, chief strategy and innovation officer, chief schools officer, chief of staff and acting superintendent.
- What is the age requirement for a student to enroll for Pre-K?
- What if I do not have an original birth certificate?
- What documents are required for a student to apply for Pre-K?
- If my child lives outside of a school's attendance zone, is he/she eligible to participate in the Pre-K program?
- Is there bus transportation for Pre-K students?
- Is there before/after school care for Pre-K students?
- Am I allowed to apply for more than one school?
- What if my child is old enough for kindergarten, but I don't think he/she is ready? Can I enroll in Pre-K?
- Does my child have to be potty trained to enroll in Pre-K?
- As a VBCPS employee, do I receive automatic enrollment into the Pre-K program?
- My child has an IEP and is currently enrolled in the Early Childhood Special Education program (ECSE). Will he/she automatically be enrolled into this Pre-K program or should I apply to this Pre-K program?
- My child has an existing IEP and is already enrolled in an ECSE exceptional needs class. If accepted to this Pre-K program, will he/she remain at the same school?
- What if I suspect that my child has a disability such as a speech/language and/or development delay?
- What if I cannot provide the Physical/Health Immunization Virginia Form MCH-213G by the start of school?
- Is there an attendance policy for Pre-K students?
- What if I missed the application deadline?
- If we submit an application for Pre-K in February (or March, April or May), do we need to wait until June to know if we are selected or not?
- What if I have a question that has not been addressed in the FAQ?