For the very first time, Virginia Beach high schools will be playing lacrosse interscholastically starting this spring. With the Beach District season recently underway, each high school is fielding a varsity boys and a varsity girls team. On Tuesday, March 28, Kempsville and Ocean Lakes will play in a girls/boys doubleheader at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex (2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456.) The Beach District schedule for all VBCPS schools begins on April 4.
Organizing Your Workspace
Before you start doing work...
Create a folder, on your desktop, Google Drive, or other storage location, where you can keep a copy of every assignment. Carefully review the course syllabus and instructor contact information. These items will answer the three most frequently asked questions:
- What have I done in the course?
- Where am I supposed to be in the course?
- How can I reach my teacher?
Organizing Your Time
Managing time is the greatest challenge when taking an online course. Here are some tips for making the most of your time:
- Make a schedule.
Online courses have deadlines for completing assignments and turning in work just like face-to-face classes. For most students, it is helpful to establish a daily routine to work on course requirements, and plan course tasks. Even on days when you don’t plan to work on assignments, remember to check email and News items.
- Become familiar with your teacher's schedule.
Each online instructor will post his/her telephone office hours in a News Item in your course. You may email your instructor at any time.
Maximizing Your Learning
- Assume an active role in your online learning. Participate in discussions, take opportunities to revise submissions, and study for quizzes.
- Begin working on assignments early. Leave time for unexpected interruptions or new ideas.
- Check your grades at least once a week. Consult with the teacher via email or during "telephone office hours" as needed.
Have a question about online learning?757.263.6849