Throughout April, the Month of the Military Child, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) student artwork will be featured at Lynnhaven Mall. Now in its 11th year, "The Art of Being a Military Child" showcases students' artistic interpretations of what it means to be a military dependent, including deployments, transitions, patriotism, family and school. It is the culmination of a contest open to all VBCPS students to which more than 700 art entries were submitted.
Our Strategic Plan
Compass to 2025
Virginia Beach City Public Schools is committed to preparing every child to be future ready with the goal of eliminating achievement and opportunity gaps so that all students maximize their potential. Our approach centers on the Graduate Profile, i.e., the skills and attributes students will develop during their PK-12 experience.
- Goal 1: Educational Excellence
- Goal 2: Student Well-Being
- Goal 3: Student Ownership Of Learning
- Goal 4: Exemplary, Diversified Workforce
- Goal 5: Mutually Supportive Partnerships
- Goal 6: Organizational Effective And Efficient Operations