All of Virginia Beach City Public Schools' (VBCPS) 82 testing sites are projected to earn state accreditation again for 2023-2024, following today's release of Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) Standards of Learning (SOL) test scores and school quality indicators data.
AlertNow sends important notifications quickly via phone, text or email about emergency situations, school delays or cancellations due to inclement weather and other school happenings. ParentSquare is the software used to send AlertNow messages.
- As a parent or guardian, will I need to register or sign-up to receive notifications?
- How do I update my contact information?
- How do I change my notification settings?
- If I move out of the area, must I request to have my phone numbers and email addresses removed?
- How can I stop receiving texts from the school division?
- How can I stop receiving phone calls from the school division?
ParentSquare SMS/Text FAQs
- ParentSquare notifications via SMS/Text
- ParentSquare may send notifications from the district or school via text messaging to your mobile phone. These can be controlled by your notification preferences within ParentSquare and on your mobile devices.
- Fee disclosure
- Message and data rates may apply.
- Message Frequency
- Message Frequency is based mainly on how often the school needs to contact you regarding your student(s). Users can adjust frequency based on their notification preferences instantly (1 message/announcement) or as a digest text delivered once daily.
- Text HELP to 66458 to obtain help on your mobile phone.
- Opt-out instructions
- You may terminate general SMS messaging subscriptions at any time by texting STOP to 66458.
- NOTE: Users with active accounts in ParentSquare cannot opt out of Urgent Alerts or Attendance Messages using the method described above. Please contact your school directly to be entirely removed from all messaging.