What is VBCPS Parent Portal?
Parent and guardian access to important current school year information for your child’s progress available from any computer connected to the Internet – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Welcome to Parents
What type of school information is available?
- Attendance records
- Student assignments
- Missing assignments
- Notes from your child's teacher about assignments
- Standardized test scores (Example: SOL, SAT, AP, Stanford 10)
- Historic academic and enrollment dating back to the 2004-2005 school year
Already have a Username and Password?
First-Time User Must Set up a New Account
- You must know your child or children's Perm Number (unique student identification number). This number is included on the student report card and the same number used by your child to access services in the school library and cafeteria.
- You must have an email account. Some free email services include Gmail, AIM, GMX and Yahoo.
- Upon completing and submitting the VBCPS Parent Registration Form, your information will be verified by VBCPS staff within 5 business days. If you do not receive an email within 5 business days, please contact us.
- Once your information is verified, you will receive an email providing you with a PIN number, directing you to visit your child's school to confirm your identity. To confirm your identity you must bring your PIN number and a photo ID. You may visit your child’s school, or any school, during office hours Monday – Friday to verify your identity. If you have registered for multiple children, this process can be completed in a single visit to ANY school that has access to the VBCPS Parent Portal.
- If you are a parent/guardian presently living outside of the state, deployed by the U.S. military, or have a compelling reason you are unable to appear in person to verify your ID, an alternate process is available. The guidelines for this process are included in the Notarized Parent/Guardian Identity Verification Mail-In Form.
- Your PIN number will be valid for only 90 days. If a parent does not visit a school and/or mail a Notarized Parent Identity Verification Form to confirm his or her identity 90 days after receipt of the email, the PIN number issued via email will expire and to gain access to the VBCPS Parent Portal you will be required to re-register by following steps 1-4 in this section.
- After staff at the school confirm your identity, a second email will be sent to you within 24 hours containing a Username and Password that will allow you to access your child or children's school information. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, please call 757.263.1111 (option 1) between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (except holidays) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are now ready to register.