Completed New Building - Three Oaks Elementary School
|Construction Start Date
December 1, 2003
December 12, 2003
|Substantial Construction Completion
|Building Size:||92,210 sq. ft.|
- Three Oaks Elementary is a prototype plan used by the school division for 13 other elementary schools to include: Christopher Farms, Linkhorn Park, Seatack, New Castle, Bayside, Kempsville Meadows, Woodstock, Hermitage, Arrowhead, Brookwood, Windsor Woods, Newtown and Elementary School 2007-2008.
- Administrative suite, lobby with security desk, media center and computer lab
- Standing seam metal roof and terrazzo floors that “glitter”
- A large music room
- A bright art room which features an outdoor fenced in area for safe and convenient access for special projects.
- Special programs room, clinic for the general population and adjacent clinic for the students with special needs.
- Top quality electrical and mechanical systems, designed to offer high energy efficiency.
- Teacher work rooms
- Conference and multi-purpose rooms to offer staff additional spaces.
- Hallways are color-coded according to grade level.
- A state-of-the-art surveillance system
- A complete playground and fitness area that offers students a variety of games and sports activities.
- Classrooms are equipped with the following:
- 2 large marker boards
- 4 tackboards
- computer station
- projection screen and over-head projector