Completed Modernization - Pembroke Meadows Elementary School
|Original Building Opened
|Construction Start Date
April 15, 2004
June 11, 2004
October 27, 2006
|Building Size:||75,865 sq. ft.|
|Project Cost:||$9.7 million|
|Architect:||Hargrove Brockwell & Associates|
- Modernization added 28,000 square feet to the school. The remaining areas were renovated.
- New cafetorium
- New kitchen
- New administrative suite
- Lobby with security desk
- Media center (with a round story hour area)
- Computer lab
- Art room, music room, and guidance suite
- All classrooms have ceiling-mounted projectors
- All classrooms/instructional spaces and gym
- Building entry is completely changed. Previously, there was a long sidewalk leading to the entrance. The sidewalk has been removed. The school now has a covered drop-off area for students adjacent to the entrance.
- The new media center features a round story-hour area that faces a landscaped, 3-sided courtyard (not enclosed like many of the other renovated schools).