Skip to main content
2512 George Mason Drive • P.O. Box 6038 Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456-0038 757.263.1000 • 757.263.1240 TDD
- Original Building Opened: 1956
- Groundbreaking: TBD
- Construction Start Date: Spring, 2017
- Projected Completion: December, 2019
- Student Capacity: 860
- Current Student Membership: 842
- Building Size: 76,641 sq. ft.
- Total CIP Project Cost: $25.9 million
- Architect: HBA Architects
- General Contractor: McKenzie Construction Corporation
- The Modernization of John B. Dey Elementary School is funded in the 2014/15 Capital Improvement Program adopted by City Council in May 2014.
- HBA Architects and the Office of Facilities Planning and Construction have held more than a dozen planning/community stakeholder meetings (click here for a schedule of meetings) to gather input on the building/site design.
- The School Board on March 21, 2017 authorized the execution of a construction contract in the amount of $21,612,497 with McKenzie Construction Corporation.
Last Modified on Monday, April 3, 2017