Since 1997, VBCPS has spent $620 million to modernize or replace 31 of the division's oldest schools, maintenance, supply, custodial and transportation facilities. These improvements have resulted in the renovation or replacement of approximately 3.3 million square feet of school division assets.
The Office of Facilities Planning and Construction is responsible for new school construction and additions as well as major renovations to school facilities in accordance with the school divisionís six-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
All modernization/replacement projects are developed using the divisionís Comprehensive Long Range Facility Master Plan. All projects are designed/constructed to achieve the U.S. Green Building Councilís LEED Silver Certification (at a minimum). LEED emphasizes state of the art strategies for sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor air quality.
The Office of Facilities Planning and Construction is a recognized leader in the design and construction of school facilities and has won numerous awards for the exemplary development and execution of sustainable buildings.
- Kellam High School Replacement
- Old Donation School Replacement
- John B. Dey Elementary School Modernization
- Thoroughgood Elementary School Replacement
- Princess Anne Middle School Replacement
- Creeds Elementary School RTPU-1 and RTMAU-1
- Hermitage Elementary School Chiller Replacement
- Kempsville High School Bleacher Replacement
- Kempsville High School Tennis Courts Renovation
- Kempsville Middle School Multi-Zone HVAC Replacement
- Landstown High & Ocean Lakes High Schools Athletic Field Lighting Controls
- Lynnhaven Middle School HVAC Replacement
- Ocean Lakes High School Canopy Repairs - Phase II
- Plaza Middle School Replace Multi-Zone Rooftop units
- Salem High School Reroofing/HVAC Replacement
- Salem Middle School Locker Replacement
- Woodstock Elementary School Chiller Replacement
For additional information on construction projects or questions regarding this page, please contract the Office of Facilities Services at 757.263.1090.