Facts and Figures
Facts & Figures provides the School Board and administration with a comprehensive document that describes the status of selected school division indicators. Tables available on this page reflect changes occurring in the school division over several years. Facts & Figures offers one source of information that can be used in prioritizing budget and program development, in making decisions regarding the allocation of existing resources and in analyzing strategic plan and continuous improvement initiatives.
Facts and Figures is divided into three sections: Demographics, Testing and Finance. An overview of each of the three sections follows:
- Demographics: Includes information concerning students and teachers as well as information about community participation in the schools.
- Testing: Shares the results of student performance on the ACT, SAT, Advanced Placement Examinations and the Standards of Learning tests.
- Finance: Reports fiscal data from the Superintendent's Annual Report published by the Virginia Department of Education, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report prepared by the Office of Business Services and the School Board Biennial Operating Budget prepared by the Office of Budget Development.
Facts & Figures derives information from reports developed at various times of the year for different purposes. Variations in data collection procedures may create some minor discrepancies in the statistics in certain tables. Factors contributing to these minor discrepancies include the constantly changing school division population, the focus of specific reports and the recording dates for various items. Inconsistencies are eliminated wherever possible, but readers should be aware that some still exist. Cross-data analysis and comparisons should not be done without careful consideration of the data and the dates each variable was recorded.
The Department of Planning, Innovation and Accountability appreciates suggestions and comments regarding the information included on this page. Please send your suggestion or comment to the Department of Planning, Innovation and Accountability, Virginia Beach City Public Schools, P.O. Box 6038, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456, (757.263.1199).
- Student Characteristics (11/18/15)
- Dropout Rates (11/10/15)
- Attendance Rates (07/20/15)
- On-Time Graduation Rates (10/09/15)
- Students' Plan to Continue Education (09/29/15)
- Parent-Teacher Association Membership (11/18/15)
- Scholarships Accepted by Graduates (11/05/15)
- Diploma and Certificate Types (09/29/15)
- Pupil Teacher Ratios Excluding and Including Resource Personnel (11/20/14)
- ACT Composite Scores (11/05/15)
- Advanced Placement Scores (02/11/15)
- SAT - Critical Reading, Mathematics, and Writing Scores (11/25/14)
- Standards of Learning