We want to hear from you!
The Department of Human Resources and the Department of Educational Leadership and Assessment are preparing for the 2012 Employee Survey. This survey is being administered to all VBCPS employees as a way to gather input on issues that directly affect you as an employee of the division. This activity continues to serve as part of the Employee Input Process, providing you with an opportunity to offer your opinions, which help to guide continuous improvement throughout the division. Your participation is extremely important, and your voice certainly makes a difference. Over the years, real changes have occurred as a result of the information gathered.
Some changes that were made across the division include:
- Revised new employee orientation process
- Adjusted leave regulations and procedures, such as allowing the donation of sick leave, reducing the minimum usage of leave and increasing the cap on accumulated annual leave
- Created a web-based employee handbook and revised the transfer process for employees
- Improved driver ergonomics in driver compartments on school buses
- Established Professional Development for classified employees such as the Teacher Assistants’ classes and training for drivers and garage employees
In January 2012, you will receive an email invitation to complete the anonymous web-based survey. We strongly encourage you to complete this survey and provide us with your opinions. Don’t miss your chance to be heard!