What is VBWellnessforLife?
VBWellnessforLife is an exciting opportunity for you to understand your health risks and maintain or improve your health. By participating in VBWellnessforLife you will help all of us manage our health care costs, receive a $500 health care premium credit (prorated throughout the year) towards health insurance premiums and, most importantly, take an active part in becoming a healthier you.
What Health Risks Am I Being Screened For?
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Blood Pressure
- Tobacco Use
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Physical Activity
Am I Eligible to Participate in VBWellnessforLife?
- Full-time City of Virginia Beach (CVB) and full-time equivalent Virginia Beach City Public School (VBCPS) employees covered by the CVB or VBCPS Optima Health Insurance Plan.
Important: CVB and VBCPS employees who may be electing health insurance during Open Enrollment for the following plan year need to complete a health screening between 1/1/2014 - 10/31/2014 in order to be eligible for the health care premium credit.
- Retirees covered by the CVB or VBCPS Optima Health Insurance Plan
When Should I Get Screened And What Is My Deadline?
- Annual Health Screening: January 1, 2014-October 31, 2014 (screening form must be submitted by 10/31/2014)
- New Hire: within 30 calendar days following the new hire date
- Qualifying Event: within 30 calendar days following the qualifying event date
How Do I Sign Up?
Complete a health screening through one of the following options:
- Wellness & Prevention Screening (Offered at various city and school sites throughout the year. For a detailed schedule visit the W&P website or look for email updates.)
- Annual Physical with Primary Care Physician or Occupational Health
(Occupational Health is for City of Virginia Beach Public Safety and Safety Sensitive Active Employees Only)
- Sentara Reference Lab (9 Designated Labs– see back of lab form for locations)
How Does it Work?
After you are screened for VBWellnessforLife you will receive a letter stating whether or not you need to speak to a health coach.
- If you have 0-1 health risks you will not need to speak with a health coach and will automatically receive your $500 health care premium credit prorated throughout the year.
- If you have 2 or more health risks you must speak with a health coach quarterly in order to receive your $500 health care premium credit prorated throughout the year.
What Is Health Coaching?
Wellness & Prevention has partnered with Healthyroads™ to offer confidential, professional health coaching services. Healthyroads™ provides a comprehensive telephone-based health coaching program with award winning online tools. Your health coach will help you set and meet your goals. You will be able to design personal meal and exercise programs, measure your progress with online trackers, and have 24/7 access to health information. Health coaching is not a punishment. It is a way for you to become a healthier you!
How Do I Access Health Coaching?
Call 1-877-330-2746 set up an appointment to speak to a health coach (Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. EST).
Health coaching appointment hours are:
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. EST
- Saturday 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. EST.
or create your online account through www.optimahealth.com to access online tools.
There is NO COST to you to participate in this program.
If you have any questions regarding this program contact the
Consolidated Benefits Office at 263-1060.