What is VBWellnessforLife?
VBWellnessforLife is an exciting opportunity for you to understand your health risks and maintain or improve your health. By participating in VBWellnessforLife you will help all of us manage our health care costs, receive a $500 health care premium credit (prorated throughout the year in 2014) towards health insurance premiums and, most importantly, take an active part in becoming a healthier you. Please note effective January 1, 2015, employees and retirees who are not screened or meet the program requirements will pay an additional $500 throughout the year.
What Health Risks Am I Being Screened For?
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Blood Pressure
- Tobacco Use
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Physical Activity
Am I Eligible to Participate in VBWellnessforLife?
- Full-time City of Virginia Beach (CVB) and full-time equivalent Virginia Beach City Public School (VBCPS) employees covered by the CVB or VBCPS Optima Health Insurance Plan.
Important: CVB and VBCPS employees who may be electing health insurance during Open Enrollment for the following plan year need to complete a health screening between 1/1/2014 - 10/31/2014 in order to be eligible for the health care premium credit.
- Retirees covered by the CVB or VBCPS Optima Health Insurance Plan
When Should I Get Screened And What Is My Deadline?
- Annual Health Screening: January 1, 2014-October 31, 2014 (screening form must be submitted by 10/31/2014)
- New Hire: within 30 calendar days following the new hire date
- Qualifying Event: within 30 calendar days following the qualifying event date
How Do I Sign Up?
Complete a health screening through one of the following options:
- Wellness & Prevention Screening (Offered at various city and school sites throughout the year. For a detailed schedule visit the W&P website or look for email updates.)
- Annual Physical with Primary Care Physician or Occupational Health
(Occupational Health is only for City of Virginia Beach Public Safety and Safety Sensitive employees who require an annual physical.)
- Sentara Reference Lab (9 Designated Labs– see back of lab form for locations)
How Does it Work?
After you are screened for VBWellnessforLife you will receive a letter stating whether or not you need to speak to a health coach.
- If you have 0-1 health risks you will not need to speak with a health coach and will automatically receive your $500 health care premium credit prorated throughout the year in 2014.
- If you have 2 or more health risks you must speak with a health coach quarterly in order to receive your $500 health care premium credit prorated throughout the year in 2014.
What Is Health Coaching?
Whether you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle, or are already on the path to wellness; the VBWellnessforLife Health Coaching program through WebMD pairs you up with resources and tools to help you set and achieve your personal health goals. Receive information from personal trainers, health coaches and nutritionists– absolutely free! Health coaching is not a punishment. It is a way for you to become a healthier you!
How Do I Access Health Coaching?
Schedule a coaching session by calling 866.513.2507 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Health coaching appointment hours are:
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. EST
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. EST
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST.
If you have any questions regarding this program contact the
Consolidated Benefits Office at 263.1060.