What is VBWellnessforLife?
VBWellnessfor is an exciting opportunity for you to understand your health risks and maintain or improve your health. By participating in VBWellnessfor you will help all of us manage our health care costs, avoid paying an additional $500 a year towards health care premiums and, most importantly, you will take an active part in becoming a healthier you.
What Health Risks Am I Being Screened For?
- Blood Sugar
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Physical Activity
- Tobacco Use
Am I Eligible to Participate in VBWellnessforLife?
- Full-time City of Virginia Beach (COVB) and full-time equivalent Virginia Beach City Public School (VBCPS) employees covered by the COVB or VBCPS Optima Health Plan.
- Retirees covered by the COVB or VBCPS Optima Health Plan.
When Should I Get Screened And What Is My Deadline?
- Annual Health Screening: January 1, 2015-September 30, 2015 (NEW! Screening form must be submitted and received by 9/30/2015)
- New Hire: within 30 calendar days following the new hire date
- Qualifying Event: within 30 calendar days following the qualifying event date
How Do I Sign Up?
Complete a health screening through one of the following options: (Please note, if you are a New Hire or are experiencing a Qualifying Event, you must use the Sentara Reference Lab option to complete your screening.)
- Wellness & Prevention Screening - Offered at various city and school sites throughout the year.
- Annual Physical with Primary Care Physician or Occupational Health
(Occupational Health is only for City of Virginia Beach Public Safety and Safety Sensitive employees who require an annual physical.)
- Sentara Reference Lab (9 Designated Labs– see back of lab form for locations)
How Does it Work?
Based on your VBWellnessforLife health screening you will receive a letter stating whether or not you need to speak to a health coach. Follow the steps below to ensure you remain compliant in the program.
- My letter says I have 0-1 health risks: You do not need to speak with a health coach, but you can if you would like to. You will not have to pay an additional $500 on your health care premium.
- My letter says I have 2 or more health risks: You must speak with a health coach and maintain a minimum of one contact per quarter in order to avoid paying an additional $500 on your health care premium. Quarters are defined as:
What Is Health Coaching?
Whether you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle, or are already on the path to wellness; the VBWellnessforLife Health Coaching program through WebMD pairs you up with resources and tools to help you set and achieve your personal health goals. Receive information from personal trainers, health coaches and nutritionists– absolutely free! Health coaching is not a punishment. It is a way for you to become a healthier you!
How Do I Access Health Coaching?
Schedule a coaching session by calling 866.513.2507 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Health coaching appointment hours are:
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. EST
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. EST
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST.
If you have any questions regarding this program contact the
Consolidated Benefits Office at 263.1060.