What is VBWellnessforLife?
VBWellnessforLife is an exciting opportunity for you to understand your health risks and maintain or improve your health. By participating in VBWellnessforLife you will help all of us manage our health care costs and more importantly, you will take an active part in becoming a healthier you.
What Health Risks Am I Being Screened For?
- Blood Sugar
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Physical Activity
- Tobacco Use
Am I Eligible to Participate in VBWellnessforLife?
- ALL Full-time City of Virginia Beach (COVB) and full-time equivalent
Virginia Beach City Public School (VBCPS) employees.
- Retirees covered by the COVB or VBCPS Optima Health Plan.
When Should I Get Screened And What Is My Deadline?
- Annual Health Screening: Jan. 1, 2015-Sept. 30, 2015 (Screening form must be submitted and received by 9/30/2015)
- New Hire: within 30 calendar days following the new hire date
- Qualifying Event: within 30 calendar days following the qualifying event date
How Do I Sign Up?
Complete a health screening through one of the following options: (Please note, if you are a New Hire or are experiencing a Qualifying Event, you must use the Sentara Reference Lab option to complete your screening.)
- Wellness & Prevention Screening - Offered at various city and school sites throughout the year.
- Annual Physical with Primary Care Physician or Occupational Health
(Occupational Health is only for City of Virginia Beach Public Safety and Safety Sensitive employees who require an annual physical.)
- Sentara Reference Lab (9 Designated Labs– see back of lab form for locations)
How Does it Work?
The program is changing for 2016! Exact program deatails are limited, but here's what you need to do now:
- ALL full-time COVB and full-time equivalent VBCPS employees should complete a health screening! You no longer need to be on the health plan to participate. Use the VBWellnessforLife Health Screening Form at a Wellness & Prevention screening, at your annual physical with your primary care physician or Occupational Health (for City of Virginia Beach Public Safety and Safety Sensitive employees who require an annual physical) or at 1 of 9 designated Sentara labs.
- Why get screened? The new program will incent you points that you can cash out for rewards. Screenings = Points & Points = Cash Incentives
- Don't wait until September - Get screened now! There is no health coaching requirement in 2016*, so why wait until the last minute? Forms must be received by Sept. 30, 2015.
*Attention: if you had 2 or more health risks from your 2014 screening, you are still required to continue your quarterly health coaching calls in order to continue to avoid paying the extra $500 (prorated throughout the year) for the rest of 2015. See below for more information on health coaching.
What Is Health Coaching?
Whether you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle, or are already on the path to wellness; the VBWellnessforLife Health Coaching program through WebMD pairs you up with resources and tools to help you set and achieve your personal health goals. Receive information from personal trainers, health coaches and nutritionists– absolutely free! Health coaching is not a punishment. It is a way for you to become a healthier you!
How Do I Access Health Coaching?
Schedule a coaching session by calling 866.513.2507 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Health coaching appointment hours are:
- Sunday: 1 - 11:30 p.m. EST
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. EST
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST.
If you have any questions regarding this program contact the
Consolidated Benefits Office at 263.1060.