Gifted Application Process
Old Donation Center (ODC), Kemps Landing Magnet, and Virginia Beach Middle School
If you would like to be notified when applications are available for the 2014-2015 school year, please subscribe here.
Old Donation Center (ODC) / Kemps Landing Magnet School (KLMS)
- ODC and KLMS are full-time gifted programs for intellectually gifted students in grades two through eight.
- Referral for ODC Gifted Program Services Grade 1
- Old Donation Center & Kemps Landing Magnet School Application (Current Grades 2, 3, 4, 6, & 7)
- Grade 5 Referral & Application Packet (Kemps Landing Magnet School)
Gifted Dance Education Program
- The Gifted Dance Education Program is a pull-out model for identified students in grades three through eight and is housed at Old Donation Center.
- Referral information to determine abilities and interests is required from the physical education instructor, classroom teacher, and parent.
- An audition is required for students referred for the dance program.
- Dance students are presented a comprehensive curriculum which emphasizes the areas of concepts and skill development, dance history and appreciation, and creativity.
Gifted Visual Arts Program at Old Donation Center (ODC) / Virginia Beach Middle School (VBMS)
- The Visual Arts Program serves elementary and middle school students throughout Virginia Beach.
- The elementary program is a centralized, pull-out program. Identified students in grades three through five may attend Old Donation Center one day per week to receive instruction designed to challenge the artistically gifted and meet their educational needs.
- The middle school program (grades 6-8) is housed at VBMS. Students attend VBMS full time and the gifted art instruction is integrated into their regular school schedule.
If you have a question about the Gifted Application Process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757.263.1405.