Virginia Beach City Public Schools recognizes the many environments in which a student can be educated. Believing that all students can learn, Virginia Beach City Public Schools seeks to develop and implement alternative education programs to meet the needs of students who are not experiencing success in regular secondary (grades 6-12) school settings. The following alternative education programs offered at the Renaissance Academy strive to ensure that every student finds a path to personal and community educational goals.
- Choices Program (grades 6-12)
- Anti-Tobacco Use Program (all levels)
- Individual Student Alternative Education Plan (grades 9-12)
- Middle School Academic Program (grades 6, 7, 8)
- Online Learning (grades 9-12)
- Ropes and Initiatives: The Challenge Works (all levels)
- Substance Abuse Intervention Program (grades 6-12)