Students interested in attending one of the academy programs and/or advanced academic programs are required to submit an application. All required components of the student application, including the signed student forms, parent forms, teacher recommendations, and items outlined below for each program, must be turned into the school guidance counselor by the deadline, Feb. 2, 2015. Original applications must be submitted. Late, faxed and emailed copies as well as incomplete applications will not be processed. During the selection process, each program will establish a waiting list of students in the event that a student who is offered a position chooses not to accept or transfers prior to the start of school. The waiting list will remain active only until the last business day prior to the first day of school. Students must re-apply for consideration for the next school year. Each program has specific application requirements. Students not currently enrolled in VBCPS must mail the application directly to each academy program and/or advanced academic program coordinator to which they are applying. All applications must be postmarked no later than Feb. 2, 2015. The required application component(s) for each program is listed below:
Academy and Advanced Academic Programs
- Submit an essay. Describe your interest in a specific world culture or global issue. Explain how it impacts your life and the lives of others.
- Submit an electronic portfolio. See attached list or visit the Landstown High School Web site at www.landstownhs.vbschools.com for electronic portfolio requirements.
- Write a thoughtful essay of approximately 350 words that expresses why you are applying to the Technology Academy and what you hope to gain from this experience. The essay should include your thoughts and reasons for which of the three areas of concentration you wish to focus your studies: entrepreneurship, information technology or pre-engineering. Essays should be original, creative and grammatically correct.
- Submit an essay. Why do you want to be a medical professional and how do you see yourself in a future medical practice?
- Admissions Exam
- Submit an essay. In your opinion, what is the purpose of the legal system? Describe how attending the Legal Studies Academy will enhance your knowledge of the legal system.
- Admissions Exam
- Completion of Algebra I in middle school
- An audition will be scheduled.