The Parent Support and Information Center is a part of the VBCPS Office of Programs for Exceptional Children. The purpose of the center is to provide parents of students with disabilities information and training. Parents are encouraged to become full participants with educators in the processes that enable students with disabilities to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to meet the challenges of the future. The Parent Support and Information Center offers a lending library, a newsletter, information on community agencies serving individuals with disabilities, phone/walk-in consultations and other services to parents and educators.
- To ensure effective communication between parents and school personnel for the benefit of students with disabilities.
- Clarify the role of parents, as well as educators related to special education services.
- Serve as a resource for disability related referrals.
- Provide services that will strengthen the bond between home, school and the community.
- Foster a rapport between the families of students with disabilities and their schools.
Parent Support and Information Center
Office of Programs for Exceptional Children
1413 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Hours of Operation
Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For your convenience, please call the Parent Support & Information Center before visiting. Occasionally the office is closed for training and workshops.
Eileen Ouellette, M.Ed.
There are no events scheduled at this time