Our Strategic Goal
Recognizing that the long range goal of the VBCPS is the successful preparation and graduation of every student, the near term goal is that by 2015, 95 percent or more of VBCPS students will graduate having mastered the skills that they need to succeed as 21st century learners, workers and citizens.
Our Outcomes for Student Success
Our primary focus is on teaching and assessing those skills our students need to thrive as 21st century learners, workers, and citizens. All VBCPS students will be:
- Academically proficient;
- Effective communicators and collaborators;
- Globally aware, independent, responsible
learners and citizens; and
- Critical and creative thinkers, innovators
and problem solvers.
Our Strategic Objectives
- All teachers will engage every student in meaningful, authentic and rigorous work through the use of innovative instructional practices and supportive technologies that will motivate students to be self-directed and inquisitive learners.
- VBCPS will develop and implement a balanced assessment system that accurately reflects student demonstration and mastery of VBCPS outcomes for student success.
- Each school will improve achievement for all students while closing achievement gaps for identified student groups, with particular focus on African American males.
- VBCPS will create opportunities for parents, community and business leaders to fulfill their essential roles as actively engaged partners in supporting student achievement and outcomes for student success.
- VBCPS will be accountable for developing essential leader, teacher and staff competencies and optimizing all resources to achieve the school division’s strategic goal and outcomes for student success.