Mission of vbschools.com
Virginia Beach City Public Schools' website serves as a resource to the community and beyond in order to provide current information about the school division, access to staff, and opportunities to deliver interactive services twenty-four hours a day, seven days of the week.
School Website Mission
Each school website promotes the mission of Virginia Beach City Public Schools while serving as an interactive resource/communications tool, a source of current information about the school for parents, students, and staff, and an outreach medium to the community and beyond.
Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
Virginia Beach City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, disability, marital status, age, genetic information or veteran status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. School Board policies and regulations (including but not limited to, Policies 2-33, 4-4, 4-6, 4-43, 5-7, 5-19, 5-20, 5-44, 6-7, 7-48, 7-49, 7-57 and Regulations 4-4.1, 4-4.2, 5-44.1, 7-11.1, 7-17.1 and 7-57.1) provide equal access to courses, programs, counseling services, physical education and athletic, vocational education, instructional materials, and extracurricular activities.
To seek resolution of grievances resulting from alleged discrimination or to report violations of these policies, please contact the Title VI/Title IX Coordinator/Director of Student Leadership at 757.263.2020, 1413 Laskin Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451 (for student complaints) or the Section 504/ADA Coordinator/Chief Human Resources Officer at 757.263.1133, 2512 George Mason Drive, Municipal Center, Building 6, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456 (for employees or other citizens). Concerns about the application of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act should be addressed to the Section 504 Coordinator/Director of Guidance Services and Student Records at 757.263.1980, 2512 George Mason Drive, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456 or the Section 504 Coordinator at the student's school. For students who are eligible or suspected of being eligible for special education or related services under IDEA, please contact the Office of Programs for Exceptional Children at 757.263.2400, Laskin Road Annex, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451.
This website (www.vbschools.com) and all school websites have been designed to accommodate all current browsers. For the best web experience, an upgrade to the most current version of your browser of choice is recommended.
Privacy & Security Notice
- All Virginia Beach City Public Schools websites are provided as a service by the Virginia Beach City Public Schools.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Internet Privacy Statement
It is the policy of Virginia Beach City Public Schools that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body.
Vbschools.com and all school websites collect communication protocol addresses from the personal computers accessing the website in order to facilitate communication. By itself, this information does not constitute personal information. We do not place ‘cookies’ on your computer and will not track your movements through the website.