- The 2012 Online Green Animated Student Film Festival promotes environmental sustainability by increasing awareness through the medium of film.
- All films submitted must be animated.
- Only students currently enrolled in Virginia Beach City Public Schools are eligible to participate.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of students, teachers and representatives from the local community.
- A $250.00 prize will be awarded to each winning entry. All accepted entries will be posted on the school division’s website vbschools.com.
- Check out winners from the 2012 film festival.
- Winning videos will be showcased during the Sustainable Living Expo at the Virginia Beach Convention Center on September 29, 2012.
The online film festival seeks to increase public awareness about the fragile relationship between man and nature.
|January 3, 2012||Opening date for online entries|
|May 31, 2012- 5:00 p.m.||Closing date for online entries|
|TBD||Announcement of winning entries|
Please submit films in one of these entry groups:
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
Films will be competing for awards in these categories:
- Best Elementary School
- Best Middle School
- Best High School
Films will be judged on:
- Ability to illustrate the fragile relationship between man and the natural environment.
- A connection with and engagement of the audience.
Films must satisfy the technical specifications, content requirements, and copyright issues as follows.
Entries must be:
- Short films preferrably no longer than 3 1/2 minutes.
- Submitted online in wmv, mov or avi formats only.
- Conform to a "G" rating as described by the Motion Picture Association of America.
- Respect copyright laws
- Not include student last names. (Please do not include student last names in the credits.)
- Not contain inappropriate language or statements that promote hatred towards an individual, community, or business such as sexism, racism, homophobia and other forms of prejudice.
Films must be the original creation of the students. Use of copyright material is not allowed.
Royalty free music and music samples for use in films can be found at:
- Students submitting entries in the 2012 Online Green Animated Student Film Festival are required to complete an online entry form. By completing the online entry form you are authorizing Virginia Beach City Public Schools to publish your film entry.
- This form releases copyright of student work, student images and films produced as part of the 2012 Online Green Student Film Festival to Virginia Beach City Public Schools.
Applications are no longer being accepted. Deadline: May 31, 2012.
Contact Tim Cole, sustainable schools project manager, at 757.263.1090 or email@example.com.
Virginia Beach City Public Schools reserves the right not to display or judge videos submitted to the Green Film Festival.
Since September 2008, the school division has diverted 4,531 tons from the waste stream. This is equivalent to saving:
- 4,869 tons diverted from the waste stream.
- 82,771 trees
- 1.8 million gallons of oil
- 14,607 cubic yards of landfill space
- 19.5 million kilowatts of energy (enough to power 2,435 homes for one year)
- 34 million gallons of water
- Information as of: June 2012